May

I really planned to fully blog May.  There were so many events and I was going to stay on top of each one and post diligently.  I was very overwhelmed, and blogging was way at the bottom of the list.

I finished my Math class.  Hooray!  I got an 82% on the final and finished with a C.  I am thankful for that C and it is the only C I've ever gotten in my life.  Ugh.  I thought I was going to hate it, but it turns out that I love it!  :0)

Mary and Ann played Tennis through the month of May and did well.  Mary ended the season with a new partner, Kim Zimmer, who was playing singles, but got sick and couldn't finish strongly in singles so she and Mary, both Seniors, played doubles at the end.  Ann got paired with a Freshman and they played a few key matches and did well.  Both girls lettered.  Though they may not have won every match, they played well and I am proud of them!

Mary had her Senior Solo performance in May.  I sewed the dress for her, it was beautiful. Lime Green and Brown with gorgeous Lime Green Sparkly Shoes!!!  The dress did cause me fits and I put the zipper in 6 times and then I took it to a professional and cried, and she put it in beautifully!  Mary looked beautiful, and her performance was MAGNIFICENT!  Brought the mother to tears!  I wish I could post the video, but alas, my computer skills aren't as great as my nunchuck skills.

Emily graduated from the University of Utah with a Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology, or something like that, on May 22, 2010.  We treked to Salt Lake City to witness her walk across the stage and receive her diploma and cheered like crazy.  She did really well.  I'm super proud of her.  She has moved to her own place with two other girls, has secured a job and passed her National Certification Exam for Medical Technologists!  The world is her oyster!

Mary Graduated on May 30, 2010 from Billings Senior High School.  Yay!  We had a little party for her on the 29th and it was a lot of fun and we had a really good time with that.  Grandma and Grandpa Garcia came for her graduation which I thought was really nice and they were very helpful with party preparations, plus they and I got dropped at the handicapped entrance at the Metra and I didn't have to walk down from the parking lot!  (giggle)  Mary's off to THE University of Utah this fall.  Good for you, Mary!

Ann is now 16!  Yup, it happened on June 3, 2010.  She had a little party yesterday, and I think she had a good time.  Sixteen is a big year!  I can't believe my little Annie is 16.  Sigh.  This fall it'll just be her and Chris in the house.  She'll be doing a lot of driving!  Yay!

Chris had a quiet May.  Thank goodness, I  don't know how I would have handled it if he'd had a hugely eventful month too!  His big news is that they let him move to the 6th grade.  ;0)

We are off to the Wilcox Family Reunion in Branson, MO!  Should be the best week of the summer!

About Photos:  I'll post them later.  Probably later this summer! 

Comments

karen said…
Wow !! Congrats to everyone !!!
See you guys this week !!

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up 2013

Pumpkin pie