A look back at 2008.

I've been thinking a lot about 2008. It was a good year. I thought I'd go through month-by-month.

January: Chris turned 9 with a rip roaring party. We played carnival games and had a good time.

February: Hmmm.

March: Spring break. Bridger Bowl and Bozeman. The kids learned to ski and Mike and I tore up the slopes just like we used to. Okay, no black diamond runs for the mom, but those blue and green runs were fun!

April: Easter?

May: Picked up Emily from the U and began Summer preparations.

June: Chris and I went to Caldwell, and the girls went to Camp. We always have fun with Grandma and Grandpa Garcia. Grandpa sets up a shooting gallery in the back yard and we perfect our aim with BB guns.

July: A very fun camping trip including hiking to Mystic Lake and river rafting. How can I forget the camping spot right on the roaring river that kept us awake, or lulled us to sleep.

August: Mike went to Tuba city for 3 weeks and took Emily to school. I guess that order should be reversed.

September: Mike returned.

October: Grandma and Grandpa Wilcox arrived for two weeks of child care while Mike and I went to Israel to visit the Holy Land. A trip I'll never forget. The Holy Land was fabulous, but two weeks with Mike was even better.

November: Balmy. Thanksgiving. Emily came home for a minute.

December: Cold. Colder. Brrr. A very nice Christmas.

Mary and Ann are involved in tennis at least twice a week with the famous Coach Peach. They really enjoy it. We--they played in tennis tourneys for experience. Ann and I played as a mother/daughter doubles thing. We came in fourth (out of four)and got really cool gear bags.

The girls and I ran in three road races, which is something I never thought I'd do. I enjoyed it.

Mike got back into biking seriously and did a road race and also did that amazing trip up the Beartooth Highway.

Chris excelled in Tae Kwon Do and is working toward his red belt.

2008 was a good year, indeed.

What's in store for 2009?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up 2013

Pumpkin pie