Prescription Sun Glasses

I picked up my prescription sun glasses yesterday.  They are in a huge case and they are in my purse. 

When I was a little girl, I remember going to Logan with my mother.  It was, I don't know, was it even 30 miles?  Anyway, 1960's rural Utah, pre seat belt laws.  So, I'd stand on the seat next to her so I could see out the front window and we'd go to Logan, just the two of us.  Betsy and Quita were in school.  She'd say, "Alice, get in my purse and get me my colored glasses, please."  There are a couple of things really cool about this request.  First, I get to get in her purse.  Oooh aaah.  Second, she always called them colored glasses.  They were cat eyes with green lenses.  Very hip.  I'd hand her the colored glasses and she'd switch and then I'd very carefully put the regular glasses in the case.  Sigh.  What a great memory.  Sometimes we'd stop in Richmond and get a chocolate milk shake.  I had a great childhood.

So, I'm now as cool as my mother because I wear glasses and now I have my own "colored glasses!" 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catching Up 2013

Pumpkin pie